Sunday, June 26, 2011

Illinois

Jennifer and I are headed to her family reunion here in Illinois. I was surprised by how much farmland there is. I walked outside this morning and looked at all of the corn planted right up to where the hotel is located. This was not what I expected. The only impression I've had of Illinois was the images I've seen of Chicago. This is not a city. Illinois is vast, flat farms. We are in Bloomington. There are a few older homes here and a very old courthouse and downtown area. There isn't a lot of traffic. It's a quiet town. In the old downtown area, there are tons of clubs. I think we are very close to Illinois State Univeristy. I like it here. The air is clean and the people seem friendly. So here are the states I've visited as of today, 8/26/2011




visited 17 states (34%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

No comments:

Post a Comment